Making a Digital Vision Board for the New Year. (or whenever you feel like it)
Happy New Year and welcome to 2019!
New Year’s is my FAVORITE holiday because I’m all about turning a new leaf, reflecting, and goal-setting, which are perfect activities to engage in when December 31st rolls by. I know a lot of people don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions, but I think they’re great. Why not use the very first day of the year to start working on something new if that’s what you want? People can be very discouraging (especially online), but set any goals you want to achieve and don’t listen to any haters.
Something that’s also very popular around New Year’s is making vision boards. I’ve never made one before so I decided I would give a try this year, but with a twist- a digital vision board! I wanted to make a digital vision board because I think a huge reason behind why people fail at achieving their resolutions is because they don’t document it at all or they write it down in a notebook on January 1st and never look at the notebook again. Goals need to be visible so you can be constantly reminded of what you need to be working on. A digital vision board allows amazing visibility because you can make it your laptop screensaver, desktop wallpaper, phone wallpaper, etc. And since we are always using our tech gadgets, we would always be able to see our vision boards.
Let me share my vision board below and what each element represents:
- My first goal is to save money and apply to scholarships so I can study abroad in London! I visited London once for about three days and I really liked it there (hate the weather though, I looove sunshine!) If you’re a British reader, let me know of some must-visit places.
- No, I am not having a baby LOL! I’m too young to be having a baby but my baby nephew is due 2019. I included a baby as a way to remind myself to dedicate time to my family.
- I have the YouTube icon because I’ve really been thinking about starting a channel for years now. I also want to start blogging seriously.
- I’ve had a recent health scare within the family and it really taught me that we take our health for granted. So 2019 will be the year of cleaning up my diet and making my health a priority now in my youth and not when I’m old and sick.
- I want to document more of my life. So taking more pictures and spending time with people that will help me make great memories is important to me.
- Beyonce is always inspiring. Why wouldn’t I include her? But that picture specifically is a whole mood and vibe for how I want to handle 2019. Plus, body and style goals.
- I want more love in my life. It doesn’t have to be romantic love, but I just want to be with people who genuinely care about me and I care about them. Spreading kindness, especially to myself.
- My career goal is to become a doctor. So this year I need to make my academics and educational opportunities my #1 priority.
- I found this quotes while making this board and it resonated with me so much. I really believe in those words. Do whatever makes you feel alive!
I hope you guys enjoyed my vision board and are inspired to make one yourselves! My vision board is now my laptop’s wallpaper so I can always see it. Remember, you can do anything you set your mind to. Leave a link to your vision boards down below or just let me know what are your 2019 goals.